Our History

Schoppy’s is a family business, currently run by David J. Talarico Sr.. 

David’s maternal grandfather, William Schoppy, started the business in 1921. Originally located in Atlantic City, New Jersey as a jewelry store, trophies and awards were later added to the business. William was well known to travel as far as North Carolina to find and service his customers.

David’s mother, Barbara Schoppy Talarico, ran the business from 1970 until 1990 when David took over the day-to-day operations. In 1982, Schoppy's opened an Off Shore location in Linwood, NJ and reluctantly closed the original store some years later. Barbara made many strides forward as a strong Women business owner in her 30 years and still has customers asking for her expertise.

David has taken the local Mom and Pop size business and developed it into an International Company. David's Creative and Custom ideas and products now separate us from the rest and the future is being written by our ever changing and growing customer base.

We offer our products through this website, and in our showroom in Linwood, New Jersey. 

Our brands